The Boytim Bunch

The Boytim Bunch

Monday, September 27, 2010

Flax Crackers - Raw

For this recipe I use about a cup or two of flax crackers. I cover them with water (about an inch above them - I think it is a 1 cup flax to 1 1/2 cup water, but I don't measure) and let them sit about an hour. They should have soaked up all the water and still be easy to stir - not too wet, but not clumpy either - just kind of smooth. I then add whatever seasoning I want - some of our favorites are:
Garlic and black pepper
Curry
Salt and pepper

Then I spread it out on the teflex sheet (see below) and dehydrate it usually overnight. In the morning (or a few hours later) I break the big piece into smaller pieces and store them in a gallon jar - I have had them in there for over a week and they have been fine. They usually don't last that long though!








No comments: