The Boytim Bunch

The Boytim Bunch

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Pecan Surprise

I made this for the Above Rubies conference and it was gone in about 20 minutes (both batches!)
I am calling it Pecan Surprise....
4 cups pecans
2 cups pumpkin seeds
2 cups coconut
1 cup raisins
1 package carob chips (optional - can also use cacao chips or another dried fruit)

Coat this mixture with maple syrup until it is damp - should not be any maple syrup sloshing around in the bottom..

Dehydrate at 115 overnight

For those of you without a dehydrator I would put it in the oven on the lowest setting and prop the door open just a bit. I would probably start it in the morning so I could keep an eye on it - would probably take 6 or so hours. This will crisp up a bit more after it drys.

I am working on other recipes to put on here - due to popular demand! :)

1 comment:

CG said...

This sounds GREAT! I will have to give it a try.