The Boytim Bunch

The Boytim Bunch

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Diaper Review

A wonderful fellow TX Ruby sent me this awesome diaper to try out with little Jay bird. Mrs. Jennifer Bryant over at The Dandelion Field makes this All In One diapers and they are pretty nifty! I compared them to my current Daisy Doodles (which Jay is outgrowing at an alarming rate) and here they are:

Jay in his AIO diaper from The Dandelion Field - it was bigger than the Daisy Doodle (whose claim to fame is the slimness of their diaper) but had no leakage at all. He has not peed this diaper out yet. It is great to put it on (it Velcros) and take it off and throw the whole thing in the diaper pail, wash, and dryer. Super simple.

Here is his Daisy Doodle (for size comparison). I really like these also because of the snap in inserts - that way I don't have to purchase a lot of covers. He has leaked out of these quite a bit though and they are snap diapers - one of the snaps came off pretty quick on one of my favorite Aggie Maroon diapers.


Jay really enjoy's tee time.....
The AIO from The Dandelion Field is a great diaper - especially if you want something super easy - just throw the whole thing in the diaper pail - no muss no fuss no inserts to fiddle with.
This is how Jennifer came about making these little gems:

Several years ago, we found out that we were pregnant with our first blessing from God. Soon after his birth, a dear friend turned me on to cloth diapering. There are so many things to choose from! Stuffers to covers to prefolds...but I really wasn't finding what I wanted. So, I came up with a design that had all I was looking for. After a bit of trial and error, I came up with exactly what I had been looking for.

The Dandelion All-In-One Diaper. Put them on/take them off like a disposable-BUT-just toss it into the wash instead of the trash! Nothing to stuff in, or take out. Just on and off easy! They have a hidden PUL (polyurethane laminate) layer to keep "goodies" in the diaper. A nice, soft layer of fleece next to your baby's skin to wick moisture away to the microfiber soaker hidden inside the diaper. There are several thirsty layers of the microfiber to absorb and keep your sweetie dry. The leg openings have encased elastic so that it never touches baby's tender skin. You will also get a custom fit every time because of the encased elastic at the back and hook and loop closure at the front. Then, of course there are the cute prints and designs on the outer part of the diaper. No plain ol' boring diaper covers here! Then, when you're ready to toss them into the wash, they have easy fold back tabs to keep them from catching onto everything in the wash.

"Finally! Something that's easy!" my dear husband said.

Once I decided that I really liked this design, off I went. It really has become an addiction! I just have so much fun picking out the fabrics and putting them all together. I branched out from there with our Tag Blankets. And now keep having all these ideas that I'm working on. There will always be something new in our store. So, here we are now with two children and lots of friends and sewing up a storm. Life is so good!
Please visit her store and take a look at all her handmade items!

No comments: