The Boytim Bunch

The Boytim Bunch

Monday, February 01, 2010

Papa Perkins




My grandfather has been diagnosed with cancer - it has spread all over and they have said "take him home and make him comfortable". Here are the kids with him a couple Sunday's ago - please pray for him as we try and talk to him about his salvation.....

Went to visit him today and he was looking pretty good. Got him to talking about the times in Livingstone - he owned a trailer in Livingstone just down from the lake. We would go up during the summer and fish, swim, and just have fun. Played "Sorry" till all hours of the night, had fresh catfish each night for dinner - it was a great time. Where does the time go??? Just the other day I was a little blonde headed girl riding in my papa's boat out to "Pine Island" to swim while the adults did the "fishing thing" (which I grew to love later ). I would spend hours swimming around (almost got stuck under the boat once, dont mention that one to my parents!). Then the nights spent out on the boat with my dad and sometimes my Uncle Brady. I would usually fall asleep on the floor of the boat - how did they know to bring blankets and a pillow?? They were probably glad that I stopped talking for a bit :) Ahh - I can almost smell the pinecones in the woods that surrounded the trailer. What a blessing to have such wonderful childhood memories!

No comments: